The Ogun State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has asked intending pilgrims to top-up their initial Hajj deposit to ₦2.5 million.
This is to ease processing and documentation for the 2023 hajj operations, pending the final announcement of the fare by National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON).
Alhaji Babatunde Salau, Executive Secretary of the State Hajj Board, announced this at a stakeholders meeting on Friday in Abeokuta.
Salau noted that the payment would fast-track the hajj payment to NAHCON and encourage early preparation for the pilgrimage.
He said the administration of Gov. Dapo Abiodun ”is leaving no stone unturned towards achieving a successful 2023 Hajj exercise.
The executive secretary confirmed that the government had secured a befitting accommodation for the state pilgrims.
The accommodation, he said, is close to Haram (Sacred Home).
The best catering service is guaranteed for its intending pilgrims.
He expressed appreciation to the state government for supporting and sponsoring a team to Saudi Arabia for pre-Hajj arrangements.
”This gave us the opportunity to make proper arrangements, as we were able to secure the best accommodation.
”We are also putting other things in place to enable our pilgrims enjoy their stay in Saudi Arabia,” Salau said.
He assured that the board would give priority to those who could not perform last year’s hajj.
The board, he added, would process applications of new intending pilgrims on a first come first served basis.
NAHCON allocated 1,139 hajj seats to the tate for the 2023 Hajj operation.
Do you have a flair for Citizenship Journalism? Share story(ies) of happenings in your area with The NewsZenith on WhatsApp: 08033668669 or email@example.com